Sunday, March 12, 2006

Thoughts on discouraging anonymous comments on my blog, and my friends blogs...

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For,
"Whoever would love life
and see good days
must keep his tongue from evil
and his lips from deceitful speech.
He must turn from evil and do good;
he must seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."

1 Peter 3: 8-16



If you haven't noticed, I've been getting some pretty hurtful (anonymous) comments on my blog lately. At first I thought it was just a personal attack, but then I found out whoever is doing it is also commenting on some of my friends blogs as well.

I was talking with Rebekah Wilkey about it on Saturday and she really had some great truth to pass along to me, and I'm pretty thankful for that! Our conversation has helped me to go from feeling hurt, to really being burdened for whoever it is writing these things-- specifically because (as she pointed out) anyone who hates joy and anyone who hates hearing the testimony of what God is doing in the lives of Christians obviously isn't saved. That breaks my heart- it truly does- that someone has to live with bitterness in their heart. And so, whoever you are, I want you to know that I am praying for you. I am praying that you would realize how much God loves you, and how much He desires to have a personal relationship with you! He longs to heal your heart and to fill you with abundant joy! He loves you so much that He would give His only Son for you (John 3:16), and whether you realize it or not, He is pursuing you!

I pray today that you would open up your heart to the love that God longs to give you!

6 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger PupSquadFoster said...

You know you can turn off the anonymous comments. It's just a thought. People tend to be less willing to make comments like that when they can't hide behind a wall. Don't let them get to you, that's what they want anyway. There's a million jerks on the anonymous internet

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

give me an E! E you got yo E you got yo E. give me an R! R you got yo R you got yo R. give me and I! I you got yo I you got yo I. give me a C! C you got yo C you got yo C. give me a K! K you got yo K you got yo K. give me an A! A you got yo A you got yo A.

Yeah, that was random but i hope it at least made you smile. (imagine me dancing while doing it. that will definitely make you smile)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Christy G said...

you rock woman and i admire you so much!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you have found truth amongst the lies that have been thrown your way!!! You rock. and i am praying for your bro and fam.

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebekah really isn't a good source of advice on the subject... she is the most sneaky and vengful person i have ever encoutnered. She may be a good friend to you while the going is good, but when you cross her, she will go to extremes to get her revenge. She fits the discription of a sociopath perfectly. Beware!

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loosen [url=http://www.invoicesmaster.com]invocing solution[/url] software, inventory software and billing software to design competent invoices in one sec while tracking your customers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home