Monday, February 06, 2006

Simplicity

Walking across campus today, I saw these two adorable Asian toddlers playing in the gravel. It was the sweetest sight- them picking up double handfuls of rocks just to drop them onto the cement beside them, with the most delighted smiles on their faces! I found myself smiling just because they were-- the sheer happiness expressed on their tiny little faces was just too contagious. It made me wish for delight in such simplicity-- and then I realized that so often God offers us that, but instead we seek a million other difficult things in which to find satisfaction. For a moment I had it there, looking at those two sweet children, and realizing the smile spreading across my face was just a gift from Him. Father- I LOVE to see all the ways you make me smile! Please don't let me overlook it when you pursue me in simplicity!

4 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Christy G said...

hello beautiful girl! I hate that I didn't get to see you this past thursday. Your story about your overflow is so encouraging. Thank you for reminding me how faitful our God really is!!!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Barbara Jo Agnew Brillard said...

I've got you on my link! I love all your posts! WOW... you encourage me daily! I love you so much!

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger PupSquadFoster said...

I remember the days when I was an asian toddler playing in the gravel. It was good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home